UK Student Visa | Study in UK | Tier 4 Visa | UK Visa Pakistan | UK Tier 4 Visa

UK Student Visa from Pakistan:

UK General Student Visa Tier 4:
British higher education and qualifications have an impressive international reputation, with students in the United Kingdom encouraged to develop their potential while enjoying a full social life.

UK universities are inspected regularly to ensure that they uphold the high standards of teaching, learning and research set by the Government. The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) is the key body charged with maintaining these standards.

UCAS | The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service:

The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service is a UK-based organisation whose main role is to operate the application process for British universities. It’seasy to research the right course for you by visiting the UCAS website. Everyone who goes to has access to the Course Search database containing details of around 38,000 courses from archaeology to zoology.

1. Overview: You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

UK Student Visa Processing Time:

You can apply from 3 months before the start of your course. You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You can check visa processing times for your country.

UK tudent Visa Fee from Pakistan:

It costs £328 to apply for this visa from outside the UK. You must pay £328 per person for any dependants.

Note: You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

You can arrive in the UK before your course starts:

  • up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less
  • up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months

How long you can stay depends on the kind of course you’re doing and what study you’ve already completed.

You can:

  • study
  • work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • apply from inside or outside the UK
  • apply to extend your stay
  • work in most jobs – depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have

You can’t:

  • get public funds
  • work in certain jobs, eg professional sportsperson or sports coach
  • study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)

You may be able to bring in family members (dependants).
Read the full guidance to find out how long you might be able to stay and what you can and can’t do.  || Source ||

You must have:

  • an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
  • enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances

Read the guide and appendix for the full list of documents and how much money you’ll need.

Your course

You can do a course that’s one of the following:

  • full-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
  • an overseas course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
  • full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
  • a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist

Postgraduate doctors and dentists

You can apply for this visa if you’re sponsored to do a recognised foundation programme and you’ve:

  • finished a recognised UK degree in medicine or dentistry
  • received that degree from a registered Tier 4 sponsor
  • spent your final year and at least 1 other year of studies leading to that degree in the UK

Confirmation of acceptance for studies

Your education provider will send you a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they’ve offered you a place on a course. You’ll need to enter this on your visa application.

You must apply for your visa no more than 6 months after you receive theCAS.

Further study in the UK

You can only get a CAS for a new course if you’ve studied in the UK before and you’re:

  • re-sitting exams or repeating modules
  • applying for the first time to a new institution to complete a course you started at an institution that’s lost its Tier 4 sponsorship
  • applying to complete a PhD or other doctorate that you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • studying for a new qualification at a higher academic level
  • studying for a new qualification at the same level and related to your previous course or career aspirations – it must be degree level or above at a Higher Education Institution (HEI)
  • applying after working as a student union sabbatical officer to complete a qualification you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa || Source ||

You must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply.

This usually means passing a secure English language test (SELT).

Where you’re studying What you’re studying Knowledge of English needed Level
Higher education institution (HEI) Degree level or above Reading, writing, listening and speaking Equivalent to CEFR (Common European Framework for languages) level B2
Institution that’s not HEI Degree level or above SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking CEFR level B2
Any institution Below degree SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking CEFR level B1

HEIs can choose how to assess a student’s knowledge of English. They must still be at:

  • CEFR level B2 if you’re studying at a degree level or higher
  • SELT in reading, writing, listening and speaking and CEFR level B1 if you’re not studying at a degree level

Your test needs to be from an approved provider.
Check the full visa guidance for detailed information.


You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if you’ve recently completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in:

  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • the Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Dominica
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Ireland
  • Jamaica
  • New Zealand
  • St Kitts and Nevis
  • St Lucia
  • St Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • UK
  • USA

You also don’t need to prove your knowledge of English if one of the following apply:

  • you’re a national of Canada or any of the countries in the list above
  • you have studied in the UK before as a Tier 4 (Child) student
  • you’re applying to come to the UK for a study abroad programme as part of a university degree course in the USA.
UK Student Visa Requirements for Pakistan:

When you apply for the visa you must provide:

  • a current passport or other valid travel documentation
  • proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
  • proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test

You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.

You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days.
Read the guidance and appendix for the full list of documents and how much money you’ll need according to your situation.

You should read the full guidance before you apply.
You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply.

Apply outside the UK

You must apply online for a Tier 4 (General) student visa.

You’ll need to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre (to get a biometric residence permit) as part of your application.

You’ll have to collect your biometric residence permit within 10 days of when you said you’d arrive in the UK (even if you actually arrive at a later date).

You may be able to get your visa faster or other services depending on what country you’re in – check with your visa application centre.

North Korea

You can’t apply online if you’re living in North Korea.

To apply from North Korea you must:

Apply in the UK

Check if you can apply from inside the UK to:

  • extend your existing Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • switch to this visa from another visa.

You may be able to stay longer to continue your course or study a new one.

You must:

  • meet the eligibility requirements of this visa
  • be in the UK

You must include your dependants in your application if they’re on your current visa, including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
Read the full Tier 4 guidance before you apply.

When to apply

You must apply:

You can stay in the UK until you get your decision.

Ways to apply

If you want to get a decision more quickly than the standard 8 weeks, you can apply:

  • for priority service – there’s a limited number of places each day
  • to use a premium service centre – you’ll need to go in person
Application type Time for a decision Cost per person
Standard 8 weeks £448
Priority 10 days £823
Premium Same day £948

You’ll also need to provide biometric information and pay the healthcare surcharge.

Apply for the standard or premium service

You can apply online:

  • for the standard service
  • to book an appointment at a premium service centre

Pay the appropriate fee at the same time.

Apply for the priority service

You must fill in a request form before you can use the priority service. Send it to the email address on the form.
Only the first 60 requests received each day after 8:30am (Monday to Friday) are accepted – you’ll get an email saying if you’ve been successful.
Once you’ve been accepted for the priority service you should apply onlinefor yourself and any dependants within 24 hours. Pay the fee at the same time.

Send your supporting documents by registered post or courier to the address given in the priority service acceptance email. Send your dependants’ documents in the same envelope.

Your documents should reach UK Visas and Immigration no later than two days after you applied.

Provide your biometric information

For all applications you must also provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo). You can do this at:

  • some Post Office branches (this costs £19.20)
  • a premium service centre if you’ve paid to use one

You’ll be told when you need to provide your biometric information for the standard or priority service. You’ll have to do it within 2 working days if you’re using the priority service.

You’ll get a biometric residence permit if your application to extend your visa is successful.

Pay the healthcare surcharge

For all applications you must also pay the healthcare surcharge for each person. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply for your extension.
What happens next

You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example because:

  • your supporting documents need to be verified
  • you need to attend an interview
  • of your personal circumstances (eg if you have a criminal conviction) || Source ||